If you are someone who loves your dog and treats your special friend like he or she is a member of the family, then I am sure you have felt the pressure to give your pup the best birthday ever. There are many things you can do to make your dog’s birthday a special one. My dogs always get an extra-long walk, new set of toys, and lots of treats. If you are looking to give your dog some extra fun and tastiness for their special day a fun and simple addition is dog-friendly birthday cakes.
I discovered the idea of dog birthday cakes when I was going through my Instagram, and one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers had posted a photo of a new video she did on her youtube channel on a cake recipe she made for her pug’s birthday. I am always looking for ways to make my dogs’ days more special, so I decided to test out a recipe I found online for my dog Zoey’s birthday. The recipe I chose to recreate was a banana cupcake that I sensibly renamed as “pupcake.” Zoey is the type of dog who will try to eat anything so I knew she would not turn down a cupcake made especially for her.
This unique treat is relatively straightforward to make with easy to do instructions most of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen. None of these ingredients are harmful to your dog and found at organic stores like your local Whole Foods or Trader Joes. The banana treat was my favorite, but there are tons of other recipes available online. I prefer to give my dog’s all natural treats, so it is nice to find a recipe that is all natural and provides something extra special for my dogs apart from their daily treats.
After Zoey got her long walk and brand new toys she was delighted to indulge in her birthday pupcake surprise. It is also edible for humans too, I gave mine a try, and I had to stop myself from eating a couple more.
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Overripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine water, bananas, vanilla, flour, baking powder, egg and honey. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Spoon into cupcake liners.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
5. When cupcakes are cool, you can frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, and honey until smooth. Add enough flour to thicken until desired consistency.
(Category: Dog-Friendly Recipes)